Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (6)

Waiting on Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This is a neat little meme were we get to showcase an upcoming release we can't help but be excited for.

This week's book that I'd be willing to wait every Wednesday on (though I'd rather not) is:

Butterfly Palace
by Colleen Coble
Publication: January 21, 2014
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Genre: Historical/Christian Romance

Lilly secures a job as lady's maid in a grand manor in Austin, Texas. But even far from home, her past lurks around every corner.

When Lilly Donnelly arrives at the Cutlers' famed Butterfly Mansion in 1899, the massive house and unfamiliar duties threaten to overwhelm her. Victorian Austin is lavish, highly political, and intimidating, but with the help of the other servants, Lilly resolves to prove herself to her new employers.

Then, while serving at an elegant dinner party, Lilly recognizes one distinguished guest as Andrew, the love of her life, who abandoned her without a word back home. He seems to have assumed a new identity and refuses to acknowledge her, leaving her confused and reeling.

Before Lilly can absorb this unwelcome news, she's attacked. Could it be the sinister Servant Girl Killer who has been terrorizing Austin? Or is it someone after something more personal--someone from her past?

Does she dare trust Andrew to help or is he part of the danger threatening to draw Lilly into its vortex?


You may have noticed that this book released yesterday, so technically I'm breaking the rules of WoW. Still, I just had to feature this book somewhere. Doesn't it look absolutely delightful?!! I've only read one of Colleen's books before, but I already know that this one will be great. Apparently this is a great book for fans of Downtown Abbey; I've never watched it before so I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope I fall in love. And speaking of love, I think I've already started falling for brooding Andrew. Gosh you've just gotta love the mysterious, angry guys *dreamy sigh*. If I don't get this book soon, I don't even know the extremes I'll go to to get my hands on it O_O

No comments:

Post a Comment