Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (3)

Top Ten Tuesday, or TTT, is a super awesome event hosted every Tuesday by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week there's a different topic, and based on that topic you just make a top ten list, that is, if you can even get to ten. This week's topic is really to choose something that you missed out on that came before, so I'll be doing:

Top Ten Characters I'd NEVER Want to Trade Places With (in no particular order):

  1. Tessa Gray from Clockwork Angel: Though Tessa was a great character, when you discount the fact that she ended up choosing both Will and Jem, I would never want to take her place because she was so kind and pretty and I am nothing like her. Basically what I mean is that Will never would have fallen in love with me anyways, and I'd be forced to suffer the evil curse of unrequited love. Yeah, no thanks.
  2. Katniss from The Hunger Games: Again, though it would be great to have Peeta as a boyfriend (and I suppose as a husband), there is no way in heck I'd have survived The Hunger Games. I'm just not a cold-blooded killer. Plus, I'd never intentionally kill someone for fear that I wouldn't make it to Heaven. Really though, the problem begins as early as the Reaping. Why? Because I'd have probably been too frightened to take Prim's place. I would have just stood there like an idiot like everyone else.
  3. Claire from Loving the Earl: As amazing as she is, Claire had a really hard marriage filled with abuse and terror, and I know for a fact that's something I could not have survived and come out of whole. I know, I'm weak, but why would I want to be a character who has to live through one of the things I live in fear of (not that this is an actually worry in my life...)? I'm sorry Nathan, but even a future with you won't make years of abuse worth my while.
  4. Anastasia from Fifty Shades of Grey: I know for a fact that many people - mostly women - would disagree with me on this opinion. They'd just love to have the passion and the weird BDSM stuff. Me, no thanks. Besides the fact that BDSM isn't even in my age group, it's not even accepted in society (thank goodness). Also, I really don't have time to deal with Christian and his oh-so-many problems. I feel for him, sure, but he's kind of mental, and I'd like to stay as far away from him as possible. You know, to keep my sanity.
  5. Cassie from The 5th Wave: Oh my gosh could you even imagine having to believe that you're the only person left on Earth? Having to try your best to survive on a day-to-day basis, with no thought but to get to your missing little brother. Gosh that would suck, and with my many phobias, I probably wouldn't even last a week on my own. I need people! It's a fact; I can't live without them.
  6. Judith from All The Truth That's in Me: I think you're getting the hang of this. Any character that experiences a lot of pain, I don't want to be. It's kind of something that I try to avoid in my life whenever I can. I can't even handle pulling off band-aids from my skin (I just use tissue paper to staunch the blood); imagine me handling a cut-off tongue *shakes head*.
  7. Lucy from The Next Best Thing: This is more of a personal thing, but I would never, EVER, want to be Lucy. Besides the whole "friends with benefits" thing I find completely inappropriate, that friend just happens to be her ex-husband's younger brother. And that gets me to the next thing. I never - in any dimension or time - want to marry a guy who is younger than me. Even if it's just by a second, or even a millisecond, NO. I'm not sure why, but I absolutely have to be the younger person in the couple.
  8. Blue from The Raven Boys: Umm...do I even have to explain this one?? Why in the world would I want to be a girl who's destined to kill the person she kisses? Not that I'm in danger of kissing anyone *snicker*. But really, I wouldn't want to be the death of my true love. I mean, what if I kissed someone by accident (I know, extreme what-if here) and they just died? Not good.
  9. Felicia from The Memory of After: Oh silly me, why in the world would I NOT want to be a character stuck between death and the afterlife. Why would I not want to stay in a place where I can trust no one and I have nothing better to do than watch memories of my living boyfriend who I don't even happen to like anyways. And why wouldn't I want to be stuck in Level 2 after the only interesting guy in the entire length of the novel just sacrificed himself for me??! Is it coming together now?
  10. Juliet from The Madman's Daughter: Though it makes for a great novel, I'd really rather not be the daughter of a madman who practices vivisection and leaves me to go live on an island to practice even more vivisection. It'd also be kind of creepy to be partly made out of deer organs...yuck. And I really wouldn't want to live in constant fear that one day my medicines would stop working and I'd either 1) turn into a mutant monster thingey, or 2) die. And then there's also the fact that I'd either be falling in love with a servant who betrayed me or a mutant monster dude who loves murdering the people who hurt me.
Whoa that was actually really hard after the first few. My eyes are in a lot of pain...I guess that's what I get for typing this up so early in the morning, by which I mean about half an hour after midnight O_O This post has definitely revealed many not-so-great facts about me that probably would have better been kept a secret. Oh well. I guess nothing could be worse than becoming one of the characters listed above...I hope *gulp*.

Link me to your Top Ten and I'd be glad to take a peek! Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment